Pay and Allowances for Government Employees (Budget 2015-16)
In Budget Speech dated 05, June 2015. The government has taken following decisions in this regard:-
1) 7.5% Ad-hoc Relief Allowance on running basic pay will be allowed to all federal government employees with effect from 1st July 2015.
2) Ad-hoc increases of 2011 and 2012 will be merged in the pay scales as recommended by the Committee.
3) Medical Allowances of all government employees is being enhanced by 25%.
4) One premature increment will be allowed to employees of grade 5 with effect from 1st July 2015.
5) A uniform Ph.D. Allowance of Rs.10,000 per month will be allowed to Ph.D./D.Sc. degree holders working under federal government with effect from 1st July 2015. This will replace the existing Science and Technology Allowance of Rs.7,500 per month and Ph.D. Allowance of Rs.2,250 per month.
6) The rates of special pay to Senior Private Secretaries, Private Secretaries and Assistant Private Secretaries are being increased by 100%.
7) The rate of orderly allowance and special additional pension is also being increased to Rs.12,000 per month.
8) For the welfare of the labor class the minimum wage rate is being increased from Rs.12,000 to Rs.13,000 per month.